Using telematics for humanitarian purposes
HumaNav is a vehicle tracking solution (VTS) created in collaboration with UNITAR and CNES to facilitate the tracking of assets belonging to humanitarian organizations. It meets the needs in terms of both security challenges and fleet management for agencies all over the world.
Hybrid terminal and on-board screens are installed in the assets and transmit field data to our web platform. This information can then be processed at the operations centre, enabling the agencies to be more responsive to incidents.
HumaNav users see themselves as a community. They meet regularly in order to share field experience and best practices.
Novacom Services equips 15 large organizations and NGOs managing thousands of vehicles. HumaNav is used in UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency) assets, and in those of several large-scale organizations including the ICRC, WFP, DWB and Welt Hunger Hilfe.
The web interface
On the ground
- Alert button in case of asset hijacking
- Communication with the operations centre
- Precise positioning thanks to an on-board terminal
At the operations centre
- Real-time tracking of the fleet and its activity
- Alert in the event of an anomaly
- Direct communication with the tracked asset(s)
- Creation of zones (geofencing)
- Regular updating of platform functions
Various services are combined with our solution
- On-site installation
- Start-up training
- After-sales service
- Hotline available Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
- IT hosting
- Data security thanks to our parent company CLS’s data centre
- Staff safety
- Responsiveness in the event of an incident on the ground
- Valuing of drivers
- Overall reduction in assets fleet
- Fuel savings
- Reduction in CO2 emissions
- Time savings
Partnerships with specialist organisations: CNES, CHEVIN, SKYWAVE
Our solution combines long-term safety, security and efficiency
A complete service in support of humanitarian work
Novacom offers a fleet management solution enabling Schenker to follow the position of its trailers in real time.
To meet the needs of the HCR, Novacom Services built a tailor-made solution. It is composed of a dual-mode GPRS/satellite telecommunications box, combined with a driver identification reader and an on-board screen in the cab.
NOVACOM SERVICES announces the deployment of a real-time satellite and RFID tracking and traceability solution for the transportation of AIRBUS A380 and A350 parts.